January was a whirlwind. My goals for the month didn’t go quite a great as I would have hoped, but I will start again for February!
- Track Water- CHECK! I downloaded an app on my phone and I actually tracked my water most days. I even reached my 64oz of plain water most days! The app is called Waterlogged if you are interested in checking it out.
- 5 to 7 fruits and veggies a day- I did okay with this. The past week and a half I’ve been struggling with my eating. I haven’t been feeling well and that always makes me want to eat bad food.
- Limit sugar- I think this is just an ongoing goal for me. I will do well for a week and then do bad, then I’ll do well with it again.
- Meal plan & stick to it- I did this like 50% of the month. I really want to work on eating out less as a family. Being sick makes me not want to cook, so that didn’t help.
- Start Clean 2013- It’s the last day today! I probably did 75% of the challenges. I wish I had done better, but some days I would just forget what the challenge was and then I would mess it up before the day was over.
- Best Foot Golden Mornings Challenge- I literally did this once. I didn’t realize how hard having 5 minutes to myself in the morning was going to be. I’ll chalk that up to an insane toddler running around.
Like I said, January was not my best month. I’m ready to start over in February though.
-Meal Plan- I’m going for round 2 on this. I used to plan the entire month at once and I think I need to go back to that.
-Read 1 new book- Last month, I read a book in 2 days and then I didn’t read anything and I felt like a loser. I need to find a new book. I’m open to suggestions!
-Spend more time w/ God- I go to a Bible study every Wednesday morning, but I’m really bad about saving all my studying until Tuesday night and cramming it all in. That isn’t how it was intended to be done. I really want to take a few minutes each day to work on the study and read the Bible. I have time, I’m just choosing to spend it on other things (read: twitter).
-Snack smart- I find myself snacking on bad things because I don’t plan ahead with my snacks. I wait until I’m starving and then just grab the closest things. I’m going to try and make a “snack basket” with preportioned snacks so I can just grab one and not feel guilty later.
-Be nicer to yourself!- I think we all tend to beat ourselves up sometimes- whether it be mentally or physically. I need to focus on taking care of myself in both ways and not getting so down on myself.
That’s what I’ll be working on this month. Wish me luck!
QOTD: How did your goals for January go? Do you have anything you want to work on for February?